« Home | Mary Out Hanging ClothsI’ve finally turned Mary in... » | My First Bucks Show Well, last night I got to expe... » | Our New HouseThis is our new (old) house. We are o... » | Our 4x4 TruckHere is a photo of our new 4x4 Truck.... » | Well, we made it to Australia. We have been so bu... » | This is my first post to this new blog. The purpos... » 

Sunday, February 05, 2006 


Tearing Down the Old Shed

I went out today to start tearing down our old shed, which I think was used to house chickens, to make room for my new vegetable garden and came across some very interesting creatures. This first was a Blue Mouth Lizard that I found living under an old piece of iron next to the shed. As you can see from the photos it is about a foot long and quite fat. When I put my hand close to its face it would hiss and stick out this great big dark blue tongue.




I also found many different spiders. One was really big and hairy. It looked like a tarantula but a little smaller. Most of these I just shooed away since they eat insects and will be good for my garden but one of them I had to kill. It was a big Red Back (black widow) Spider. You can see him in this photo at the tip of my crowbar.